Setting up your Netgear Arlo Cameras involves these following steps:
- Set up your base station.
- Register for your Netgear Arlo account.
- Setup and sync your cameras.
- Positioning of cameras.
1. Set up your base system:
- With the help of an Ethernet cable, connect the Arlo base station with your WiFi router
- Connect the AC adapter on electrical outlet and press the on-off button.
- The power LED and the internet LED will start blinking.
Hence, your base station is now set up.
2. Register for an Arlo account:
- Open a Internet browser and enter arlo.com/login in the address bar.
- Tap on ‘New System Setup’ and complete the required fields and click on continue.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your Arlo base station’s serial number and your time zone.
- Choose a service plan of your choice.
Your Arlo account is now set up.
3. Setup and sync your cameras:
Set up the camera
- Slide the battery door and lift it up to open the battery compartment
- Now, insert two batteries near the back of the camera.
- Insert other two batteries near the compartment hinge and the battery door.
Your cameras are ready to sync now.
Sync your cameras
- Bring your camera within 1- 3 feet of the base station.
- Press and release the sync button and wait for the sync station LED on the base station to light green.
- Repeat for each camera.
4. Positioning of cameras:
The positioning mode of Arlo Pro camera allows you to see what your camera sees. It is very important to keep the distance in mind while placing your camera.
Maximum: You can place your camera a maximum of 90 meters from the base station.
Minimum: You can place your camera at least 10 feet from the base station and there should be at least distance of 6 ½ between cameras.
Elevate your camera: Place your Arlo Pro camera at least 2 meters above the floor.
Your Arlo Pro security camera system is now set up.